Saturday, March 2, 2013

Roses and a present from Boston, Happy Birthday this month, Donna

I brought Donna to breakfast in a small coffee shop for omlettes this morning. Yesterday I combined the romantic with the specific, or practical, by bringing her home a cup from a church. The church is one of, if not the, oldest in the United States, built before The Old North Church, in Boston, and like the Old North is open to the public during the week as a historical church when services are not being held. If I'm not mistaken it was one that Oliver Wendell Holmes much later attended. She said, " I call them kaliedescope roses". This time, rather than one red rose, I gave her a dozen of two-color white-red roses. There were English roses with two shades of green, but I thought to keep the red.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scott Lord