Monday, April 15, 2019

Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You



I think I said “God Bless Him” when I saw singer Frankie Valli coming towards us as large as life to sign autographs. The Theater was incredibly small and we had Orchestra seats, but our transportation was arranged from Boston to Medford and then Medford to Cambridge with an hour and a half wait. There were youths with old album covers waiting in the driveway and due to it taking about three quarters of an hour for the singer Valli to make it to his limousine, we happenned to by that time have had no where else to wait for our ride.
We did purchase a CD after the concert, but not one of the autographed copies. We quickly handed it to someone from the Theater along with the cardboard long playing album covers and they asked me to take off the plastic. I had two minutes to unwrap the C.D. While Frankie Vallie was signing less than a handful of autographs.
Donna walked over to him and said, “You’re from Newark. I’m from Tom’s River, New Jersey.” Apparently, he smiled.

That was last night- right now I’m in the same chair I was in during the Boston Marathon Bombing, in what is technically
Allston/Brighton, one subway stop after B.U. West, a little down from the B.U bridge,on the side of the school opposite to the Citgo Sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scott Lord