Friday, November 25, 2011

Donna took me to another movie, invited me to Thanksgiving Mass and a full turkey



The calendar that Donna was given at Thanksgiving Mass includes the paintings of Simon Vouet,Sandro Botticelli,Ghirlandali,Crivelli,Cagnacci, Guercino and Zubaran. A Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres, whom I have always liked as a painter of the human form seems the exception in the time frame during which they were painted. The are painterly and painstakingly accurate in being true to life, irregardless of their theme. i didn't realize how near Ingres was to the Pre-Raphaelite and Symbolist time periods.
Donna and I had had lunch together, which she was happier with than I thought she would be-and then surprisingly she brought home a full, cooked turkey, my guess being one more than ten pounds. For whatever reason she was happy with lunch before the windfall of the turkey, which in turn made it a long weekend of Thanksgiving dinner.
She was looking forward to the movie and the weather was nice enough so that we could walk.

Scott Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scott Lord